Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy Hanukkah!


This morning my kids were being surprisingly cooperative. What gives? I wondered. Were my children abducted by aliens and replaced with amazingly obedient versions of their former selves? No, I realized fifteen minutes into my behaviorally blissful morning, it's the Hanukkah effect. Tonight is the first night of the big eight and my kids aren't going to risk anything getting between them and their gelt.

And a surprisingly smooth morning routine isn't the only nice surprise I've received this Hanukkah. I've also gotten some great press for my book in the national media. First was Ari Goldman's column in the New York Daily News which called Can I Have a Cell Phone for Hanukkah "a gem of a new book". He went on to explain my suggestions for eight nights of Hanukkah rituals. Check it out at
http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/columnists/goldman/index.html
Next came a great article in USA Today called "Unwrapping the Spirit of Hanukkah" which also mentions my book. You can find that one at
http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2007-12-03-tzedakah_N.htm

Wishing you a Hanukkah spinning with fun, family and love.